Adopt-a-School Program at Midvale
Thank you to our Adopt-a-School partners: Kiwanis Club of West Madison and WIDA at UW-Madison.
Kiwanis Club of West Madison
As with most Kiwanis clubs, the Madison West Kiwanis Club is a snapshot of the community, with members (men and women) from all walks of life and at every step of the career ladder. They are unified in the belief that children and the community benefit from the efforts of caring and involved volunteers. As a new partner, Kiwanis members have already been hard at work supporting students at Midvale:
Volunteering at our Family Potlucks, proving clean-up help, sharing food, helping out with childcare and getting to know families.
Supporting our students by leading "Lunch Bunch Clubs" at Midvale- sharing lunch and playing games with students during the lunch hour
Working in classrooms to help teachers and students
Supporting Midvale financially through their grant program. They have funded our purchase of computer mice and headphones for our students.
WIDA at UW-Madison
- WIDA's CAN DO Philosophy: believing in the assets, contributions, and potential of linguistically diverse students
- Collaboration: facilitating interaction among educators, state and local educational agencies, researchers, policy-makers, and experts worldwide
- Innovation: drawing from research and practice to find the best solutions for students and educators
- Service: exceeding expectations with friendly and knowledgeable support of our customers and stakeholders
As a partner, WIDA members have been supporting students through activities such as:
- Volunteering at our Family Potlucks, proving clean-up help, sharing food, helping out with childcare and getting to know families.
- Working in classrooms to help teachers and students
- Supporting Midvale financially by purchasing needed supplies for classrooms such as books, learning games and needed supplies for kids such as mittens!
Adopt-a-School is a program of the Madison Public Schools Foundation that has been connecting community resources with MMSD schools since 2005. To date, we’ve had 100+ program partners who have invested more than $6 million in financial and in-kind gifts, along with 100,000+ volunteer hours.
To learn more about this program or how to get involved, email Mary Bartzen, Community Partnerships Director.